Write For Us
Want to write for us?
Are you a writer wanting to expand your portfolio?
Maybe a dog
lover who also loves to write?
A breeder who'd like to get more
exposure to their website?
We want to hear from you.
Do you have some knowledge or skills in
a particular area that you would like to share with our readers?
This site is all about small dogs – breed profiles,
grooming, training, health care, day-to-day living, as well as activities you can do with your small dog.
What's in it for YOU?
- We will give you up to two links back to your blog, website, or social media platform in your Author bio.
- We will promote you through our various social media channels. (You are also welcome and encouraged to promote your article through your own social media outlet
- Promotion of your article in our monthly e-zine. Don't believe me? Sign up for the monthly e-zine to see your own articles
- Association with a respected dog website with 10,000 visitors per day
- Sorry, but at this time, I can't pay...
- When you write for us, all submissions
must be original and cannot be published anywhere else.
- We look for well-written articles that are useful or entertain our visitors. All must be related to small dog ownership.
- We will edit all
submissions for content, clarity, spelling and grammar. The readers of this site come from the U.S. and Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand mainly but other countries are also represented to a smaller degree.
- Most of the articles
submitted are published with little to no
change. We may change things here and there to improve SEO.
- If I need to make substantial changes, we will
send you the final version, for your approval.
Usually that doesn't happen. If I find that the material is inappropriate or requires too much editing, I may reject it at first. If this is the case, you may rewrite it and submit again for consideration.
- Articles should be between 700 and 1500
words and should include at least a couple of subsections and links if appropriate to outside sources. You are welcome to add personal antidotes if they will enhance your article.
- You can provide me with photos or I can find appropriate graphics to complete your article. Please identify photo sources with a link back to the source. If photos are your originals, please indicate that as well.
- Please remember that we only publish articles relevant to small dogs.
- If you choose to do a profile for a
breed that has not been done previously, you can download our breed template
and fill in the information based on your own knowledge. All small dog breeds are listed on Small Dog Breed List.
- Please remember to provide all your
details (website address, your name, anything you’d like to include in your
- You can also provide a small head shot
if you like. This is an excellent way to enjoy the free promotion, so we’d love to hear from you.
If you Want to Write for Us, Please...
- No Wikipedia type articles
- No articles that have been published elsewhere. We do a plagiarism check before the article goes live
- No articles that are substantially similar to other material on this website
- No affiliate links or links to pages on your website with substantial affiliate links
Ready to Write for Us? Great
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly. Please give me several suggestions for topics. If you don't have any in mind, just ask and I can give you some ideas to ponder.
Got Dog Products to Sell?
You definitely need to check out Trafeze to get your products out there and seen by the masses.
Advertising on this Site
Small Dog Place is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com This site receives a small commission from all affiliate links and third-party advertising.
Grab Our Free Ezine...
Did you enjoy this article or find it helpful? Then why not share it.
The best way to say, Thank You?
Is to Share
Can't find what you need?
Try a Search