Welcome to Small Dog Place:
Where Small Dogs are Top Dogs
Bigger might be better to some but we think the best comes in small packages especially when it comes to that tiny canine. And, since you are here, we think you might agree.
Oh, the Joy of Being Owned by Small Dogs
There is so much to love and appreciate about small breed dogs.
Their small size makes them perfect for:
- Apartment and city dwellers as well as those that live in the country
- The young and old and everyone in between
- For singles, couples, and those with families
- Hot Climates, Chilly and cold Places
- Basically just about anyone - anywhere
- Those Highly active and couch potatoes
- Some are super playful, others highly intelligent
- All are loving and loyal
But any dog, big or small deserves not only your love and
understanding, but also some work on your part. That is the purpose of
You have questions about which breed is best for you? We have answers.
You have concerns about your dog? We are here to problem solve with you.
Maybe you just need some pointers on how to feed, groom, train or care for a pint-size dog.
Everything Small Dogs
With over 500 pages on this site and growing daily, there's lots to learn.
Here are some of the most popular topics, so scroll down and see if there is anything of interest to you. Are you new to dog ownership?
Start your search below.
Types of Small Dogs
Perhaps you are looking for a specific type of dog. We have them grouped into categories for easy browsing.
Small Dog Care
The Ultimate Small Breed Puppy Guide
Just getting started with a small puppy? There are hundreds of resources on this site to make your new adventure easier.
The Ultimate Dog Names Resource
Your Free New Puppy Guide (Start Here)
Training Your New Puppy
Your Comprehensive Guide to Puppy Development
Feeding Your Puppy
Dealing With Your Puppy Problems
Your Puppy Health Care Guide
Dogs on Small Dog Place Have One Thing in Common:
They are All Small
Just 25 pounds and under
But beyond that, there are so many ways small dogs differ...
- Some are perfect for the most active and athletic among us.
- Then, there are those that do an admirable job of keeping our couches warm.
- Some are vocal and others rarely bark.
- There are some so intelligent, that training is a breeze.
- Some are feisty and playful and others docile and devoted.
- Some that require hours of pampering and those who’s grooming needs fit neatly into anyone’s schedule.
- All that in a small package makes it easy to see how they can steal our hearts with that first puppy kiss!
- Some give your vacuum cleaner a work out and others that never shed.
- Find your next Best Friend right here at Small Dog Place
Sep 23, 22 12:02 PM
Small Dogs Lifestyle groups a variety of articles that help dog owners cope with life with one or more small dogs/
Sep 23, 22 11:54 AM
It may seem impossible to raise a happy puppy while working from home, but it's easier than you think. Read these tips for getting it right from the start.
Sep 22, 22 03:19 PM
Here's immediate help if your dog ate a house lizard: Read these 5 action steps to take and why you need to take them.
Sep 22, 22 12:05 PM
Dog Friendly attractions in Santa Cruz looks at all those dog-friendly sites to introduce your pooch to when you're in Santa Cruz, California
Sep 20, 22 02:52 PM
What could be better than a goofy, floppy-eared friend who does anything to make you smile? When it refers to a Beagle, you will discover it just like that.
Hi, I'm Janice and I'm the person behind this site.
I love dogs, especially little ones and I want to be here to help you discover your special breed, then answer some of the questions and concerns you might have bringing your new puppy home, keeping him safe and healthy, and learning how to care for a dog throughout his entire life.
Please feel free to learn more about me and I hope to hear from you and get to know you better too. Enjoy.
Small Dog Place
Does This Article Deserve Your Thumbs Up?
We always appreciate your support and encouragement. Your thumbs up means so much to us. Please like this article.
If you find this page or any page on Small Dog Place Helpful, or Useful in anyway, I'd love it if you would click the small heart found on the bottom right of each page.
You can also share or bookmark this page -- just click on the:
Free Monthly Newsletter
Sign Up for Our Free Newsletter and get our Free Gift to You.
my E-book, The Top 10 Mistakes People Make When Choosing a Dog (and how to avoid them)