Write For Us
Want to write for us?
Are you a writer wanting to expand your portfolio?
Maybe a dog
lover who also loves to write?
A breeder who'd like to get more
exposure to their website?
We want to hear from you.
Do you have some knowledge or skills in
a particular area that you would like to share with our readers?
This site is all about small dogs – breed profiles,
grooming, training, health care, day-to-day living, as well as activities you can do with your small dog.
What's in it for YOU?
- We will give you up to two links back to your blog, website, or social media platform in your Author bio. These links will be "do follow" unless you are linking to a product page in which case they will be "no follow."
- We will promote you through our various social media channels. (You are also welcome and encouraged to promote your article through your own social media outlet
- Promotion of your article in our monthly e-zine. Don't believe me? Sign up for the monthly e-zine to see your own articles
- Association with a respected dog website with 10,000 visitors per day
- Sorry, but at this time, I can't pay...
- When you write for us, all submissions
must be original and cannot be published anywhere else.
- We look for well-written articles that are useful or entertain our visitors. All must be related to small dog ownership.
- We will edit all
submissions for content, clarity, spelling and grammar. The readers of this site come from the U.S. and Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand mainly but other countries are also represented to a smaller degree. If you are a non-native speaker of English, please have a native speaker edit your work before you submit.
- Most of the articles
submitted are published with little to no
change. We may change things here and there to improve SEO.
- If I need to make substantial changes, we will
send you the final version, for your approval.
Usually that doesn't happen. If I find that the material is inappropriate or requires too much editing, I may reject it at first. If this is the case, you may rewrite it and submit again for consideration.
- Articles should be between 1500 and 2000
words and should include at least a couple of subsections and links if appropriate to outside sources. You are welcome to add personal antidotes if they will enhance your article.
- You can provide me with photos or I can find appropriate graphics to complete your article. Please identify photo sources with a link back to the source. If photos are your originals, please indicate that as well.
- Please remember that we only publish articles relevant to small dogs.
- If you choose to do a profile for a
breed that has not been done previously, you can download our breed template
and fill in the information based on your own knowledge. All small dog breeds are listed on Small Dog Breed List.
- Please remember to provide all your
details (website address, your name, anything you’d like to include in your
- You can also provide a small head shot
if you like. This is an excellent way to enjoy the free promotion, so we’d love to hear from you.
If you Want to Write for Us, Please...
- No Wikipedia type articles
- No articles that have been published elsewhere. We do a plagiarism check before the article goes live, and periodically thereafter. Should we find that the article has been published elsewhere, we will immediately remove your article and your link and ban further requests.
- No articles that are substantially similar to other material on this website
- No affiliate links or links to pages on your website with substantial affiliate links
Major Reasons Why an Article Might Be Denied
We'd like to think that anyone who loves to write about dogs would have the skills and appropriate motives to do so. Unfortunately, while this is rare, it does happen. Some of the reasons why we have refused to publish an author's post may include the following:
- The article was published elsewhere or there is substantial plagiarism within the article.
- The article is poorly written. This includes a sizable number of technical errors such as grammar or spelling or it could be due to weak content that adds little. An example of this might be: "The Shih Tzu is a small dog. It is a toy breed. It can be registered with the AKC...and so forth." I know this sounds crazy, but I have received articles very similar to this.
- The link you are requesting points to a page on your site this basically a sales page containing numerous affiliate links.
- Your website is either brand new, does not rank well, or your sole purpose in publishing an article is to improve and increase your backlinks.
Ready to Write for Us? Great
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly. Please give me several suggestions for topics. If you don't have any in mind, just ask and I can give you some ideas to ponder.