Disney Dog Names For Boys
Your favorite Disney Dog Names for Boys
includes all those wonderful heroes as well as some less than reputable
characters and then some just plain villains.
While I don’t advocate naming that adorable puppy after a famous villain,
sometimes the name just happens to fit.
these are all Disney characters, but there are many other great names from
movies and television shows that were not produced by Disney.
Have a Disney character that we forgot?
Let us know with the form at the bottom of this page and we’ll add
Disney Dog Names for Boys A - B
Choose the Perfect Disney Dog Name for Your Next Puppy
- Abu - The monkey in Disney's "Aladdin."
- Aladdin – The Boy from the movie, “Aladdin”
- Angus – The Clydesdale horse of Merida in the film, “Brave”
- Anton Ego - the food critic in the movie, "Ratatouille"
- Auguste Gusteau (either name would make a good dog name, the character in "Ratatouille" that was the great Chef
- Baloo - The big bear in Disney's "Jungle Book"
- Bagheera - The wise panther; in Disney’s “Jungle Book”
- Banzai - The hyena in Disney's "The Lion King"
Joyce Van rijn from Den haag Netherlands suggested the name, Archimedes who was the Owl in the movie, The Sword and the Stone
Chris From Texas adds the name, Bambi
- Bashful – One of the seven dwarves in “Snow White”
- Basil - the great detective similar to Sherlock Holmes in the movie, "The Great Mouse Detective"
- Beast – The Beast Character in “Beauty and the Beast”
- Berlioz - The black haired cat who liked to play the piano in the movie, "The Aristocats"
- Bernard - A mouse in Disney's "The Rescuers"
- Beta – The Rottweiler dog in the movie, “Up”
- Bolt – The White Dog and Main Character of the movie, “Bolt”
- Boomer - Mickey’s uncle who is a railroad tycoon
- Bruno - The dog in Disney's "Cinderella."
- Bullseye – Woody’s horse in the movie, “Toy Story 2”
- Buttercup – The White Unicorn in “Toy Story 3”
- Buzz – As in Buzz Lightyear, the male toy character in “Toy Story”
Bailee Billhymer from Illinois, USA suggest Buster
who was Andy's Dog in Toy Story
Disney Dog Names for Boys C - E
- Chien-Po - Along with Ling and Yao are soldiers in the Chinese Army in the movie, "Mulan"
- Chip - The cup character in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast." Also, in the movie, “Chip ‘n Dale”
- Christopher Robin - The little boy character in Disney's "Winnie the Pooh"
- Clopin - The leader of the gypsies in the movie, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"
- Cobra Bubbles – The social worker in the movie, “Lilo and Stitch”
- Cody - The little boy character in Disney's "The Rescuers"
- Cogsworth - The clock character in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast"
- Colonel - The Sheep dog character and one of the heroes in Disney's "101 Dalmatians"
- Copper - The hound in the movie, “The Fox and the Hound”
- Creeper - A very strange character in Disney's "The Black Cauldron."
- Dale - A chipmunk from the movie “Chip ‘n Dale”
- Darwin – The Main Character from “G-Force”
- Dash - The elder son of Bob and Helen Parr and a very fast runner in the movie, "The Incredibles"
- Dewey – A duck, one of three nephews of Donald Duck
- Diablo - The pet raven of Maleficent in "Sleeping Beauty"
- Digger - Mickey Mouse’s Australian cousin
- Doc – A dwarf in the movie, “Snow White”
- Donald – You doesn’t love Donald Duck
- Dopey – Dwarf in “Snow White”
- Doug - The title character of a popular Disney television show.
- Dumbo - The flying elephant with big ears. From the Disney movie, “Dumbo”
- Duke – The Great Dane in the movie, “The Swiss Family Robinson”
- Eeyore – The gloomy donkey and friend of Winnie the Pooh
- Elliott - The Dragon and Pete's best friend in "Pete's Dragon"
- Eric - The Prince in the movie, "The Little Mermaid"
Djali (pronounced Jolly)
from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Djaili is the goat sidekick of Esmeralda.
Submitted by Vivi from the United States
Christina from New Mexico, U.S.A. wrote:
Demon from Snow Dogs
Disney Dog Names for Boys F - I
- Ferdie - Nephew to Mickey Mouse
- Fergus (Brave)
- Figaro– Geppetto’s pet cat in the Disney's "Pinocchio."
- Flounder - A fish character in Disney's "Little Mermaid"
- Flynn Rider - The Happy Go Lucky Thief Character in "Tangled"
- Forte - The castle's former music conductor in the movie, "Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas"
- Friar Tuck - Tuck for short in "Robin Hood"
- Frollo - The Parisian justice minister who becomes the caretaker of Quasimodo, in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"
- Gamma – The Bulldog in the movie, “Up”
- Gaston - The villain of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast"
- Genie - "Aladdin"
- Geppetto – The old toy maker in the movie “Pinocchio”
- Goofy - The lovable character in many cartoons and early shorts
- Grumpy – One of the seven dwarfs in “Snow White”
- Gus - The chubby mouse in Disney's "Cinderella"
- Hamm - The pig toy in Disney's "Toy Story"
- Hans - the Prince from the Southern Isles in the movie, "Frozen"
- Happy – Dwarf in “Snow White”
- Hook - The pirate villain in Disney's "Peter Pan"
- Hubert - The king and father of Prince Philip in "Sleeping Beauty"
- Huey – One of the three nephews of Donald Duck
- Iago - The parrot in Disney's "Aladdin"
Disney Dog Names for Boys J - K
- Jafar – The Villain in the movie, “Aladdin”
- Jake - The adventurous mouse in Disney's "The Rescuers"
- Jaq - A mouse in Disney's "Cinderella"
- Jiminy - The cricket in Disney's "Pinocchio"
- Jock - The Scottish terrier dog in Disney's "Lady and the Tramp"
- John - A little boy in Disney's "Peter Pan"
- Jumbo - The big elephant that flies in Disney's "Dumbo"
- Kaa - The mysterious snake in Disney's "The Jungle Book"
- Kenai - The Youngest of the three Inuit Brothers, in "Brother Bear"
- Khan – Mulan’s horse in the movie, “Mulan”
- Kocoum - An Indian warrior in Disney's "Pocahontas"
- Koda - a a wisecracking grizzly bear cub from "Brother Bear"
- Kristoff - a Sami Iceman in the movie, "Frozen"
- Kronk "The Emperor's New Groove"
Disney Dog Names for Boys L - P
- Ling - "Mulan"
- Louie – Donald Duck’s nephew, also King Louie from Brother Bear
- Lumiere - The candelabra character in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast”
- Marlin from Finding Nemo
- Max - The Sheepdog character in Disney's "Little Mermaid."
- Meeko - The raccoon in Disney's "Pocahontas."
- Merlin - the Magician from the “Sword and the Stone”
- Michael - A little boy in Disney's "Peter Pan"
- Mickey – A Very Famous Mouse
- Milo - The main character in the movie, "Atlantis"
- Morty - Nephew of Mickey Mouse
- Mowgli - The little boy in Disney's "The Jungle Book"
- Mufasa - Simba's Father in the movie, "The Lion King"
- Mukluk - Mickey’s Canadian uncle who lives in Alaska
- Mushu - The orange dragon in the movie, "Mulan"
- Napoleon – The hound in the movie, “The Aristocats”
- Naveen - The prince of Maldonia, "The Princess and the Frog"
- Nemo – The main character who is a fish in the movie “Finding Nemo”
- Olaf - The snowman in the movie, "Frozen"
- Oliver – The Cat from the Movie, “Oliver and Company”
- Pascal – A lizard who is Rapunzel’s best friend, from the movie, “Tangled”
- Percy – The pug of Governor Ratcliffe from “Pocahontas”
- Philip - The handsome prince in Disney's "Sleeping Beauty"
- Piglet - A baby pig in the movie, “Winnie the Pooh”
- Pinocchio – A little wooden puppet that wanted to be a boy, in the movie with the same name
- Pluto - Mickey Mouse's dog
- Pongo - The Daddy Dalmatian in Disney's "101 Dalmatians"
- Pooh – That chubby little bear in “Winnie the Pooh”
Megan from the USA suggested "Olaf" from Frozen. Olaf is the Friendly snowman from Frozen.
Disney Dog Names for Boys R - S
- Rafa – The Bull Terrier dog in the movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua
- Rajah – Jasmine’s pet tiger in the movie, “Aladdin”
- Rabbit - The rabbit in Disney's "Winnie the Pooh."
- Randall (Monsters, Inc.)
- Ratcliffe - As in the Governor in the movie, "Pocahontas"
- Remy - The rat with a heightened sense of taste and smell, in "Ratatouille"
- Rex - The dinosaur toy in Disney's "Toy Story."
- Robin Hood - The lead character in Disney’s “Robin Hood”
- Russell - The Junior Wilderness Explorer who goes with Carl to Paradise Falls, in "Up"
- Scrooge - The elderly duck in Disney's Donald Duck stories
- Scuttle - The sea bird in Disney's "Little Mermaid"
- Sebastian - The lobster in Disney's "Little Mermaid"
- Shere Khan - The jealous tiger in Disney's "The Jungle Book"
- Sitka - On of the brothers in the movie, "Brother Bear"
- Sleepy – One of the Seven Dwarfs in “Snow White”
- Smee - Captain Hook's bo'sun in the movie, "Peter Pan"
- Sneezy - Another of the Dwarfs in “Snow White”
- Stefan - The king and father in “Sleeping Beauty”
- Stitch – The little alien in the movie, “Lilo and Stitch”
- Sullivan (Monsters, Inc.)
- Sulton – Tiger Cub owned by Jasmine from the movie, “Aladdin”
Disney Dog Names for Boys T-Z
- Thumper - The rabbit in Disney's "Bambi"
- Tigger - A bouncy tiger from “Winnie the Pooh”
- Timo - Tinkerbell's friend
- Timon - The meerkat who serves as the adopted father and friend of Simba, in "The Lion King"
- Timothy - The mouse in Disney's "Dumbo."
- Tod - The fox in the Fox and the Hound
- Tito – Small Chihuahua from the movie, “Oliver & Company”
- Tramp – A mongrel in the movie “Lady and the Tramp”
- Turk – Great Dane in Disney’s “The Swiss Family Robinson”
- Wall-e - from the movie with the same name
- Wiggins – The manservant in the movie, “Pocahontas”
- Woody - The cowboy toy in Disney's "Toy Story"
- Yao - "Mulan"
- Yeller – Main Character Dog in “Old Yeller”
- Zazu - "The Lion King"
- Zurg - "Toy Story"
More Readers' Suggestions for Disney Dog Names for Boys
Dakota, from California, USA Suggests:
"Dodger from Oliver and Company."
Kayla, from Ohio, U.S.A. suggested
from the Disney Channel show, Phineas &Ferb
Angie from Missouri, U.S.A. wrote:
Sully, from Monsters Inc. That is what I named my Great Pyrenees.
Donna from Texas suggested "Simba"
Meet the Real Simba
The United States suggested Zeus from the movie, "Hercules"
Mikayla Thorne from the U.S. suggested, Rafiki from the Lion King
Got A Great Disney Dog Names for Boys (and Girls)?
We've racked our brains trying to remember and did a little research into very old and very new movies, but I'm sure we've missed a few, maybe more than just a few.
Please let us know if you have a Disney name that would make a great dog name and we'll add it.
Still Can't Find the Perfect Dog Name? More Suggestions For You...
If you found this page on Disney dog names for boys helpful or entertaining, won't you check out some of our other dog names' pages?